Here are a few ideas to help support your child to be ready for 'Starting School'.
- I can use the toilet independently
- I can wash and dry my own hands
- I can wipe/blow my own nose
- I can ask for help if I feel unwell
- I can put my own coat on and off
- I can put my own shoes on and off
- I can change out of my clothes and put different ones on
- I can pour my own drink
- I can open my packed lunch box and eat independently
- I can use a knife and fork
- I can sit at a table when I eat
Social and Emotional
- I am confident being away from my Mummy, Daddy or main carer
- I am able to express my emotions, thoughts and needs
- I am willing to try
- I try to be a good friend
- I have persistence
- I can problem solve
Gross and Fine motor skills
- I have gained good muscle control in my hands
- I am able to turn take and share
- I can interact/play games with others
- I can hold a pencil comfortably
- I have good balance
- I am confident when climbing, jumping and running
- I am learning to manage my own risks
Communication and Language
- I can follow boundaries and routines
- I am able to sit still for a short while and listen
- I can follow instructions
- I am understood when I talk
- I am able to talk about myself, my thoughts and feelings
- I am exploring and interested in books, picture stories and music
- I am practising to recognise my own name when it is written down
- I am beginning to enjoy rhyme and rhyming activities
- I can give meaning to marks when I draw or paint
- I am aware of numbers and counting
- I join in with number words, songs and play
- I experiment with emptying and filling containers
- I can recognise some written numbers
- I look at numbers in my community
- I have practiced getting my uniform on and being ready to leave on time
- I have a good bedtime routine, so I am not tired for school
- I am learning to eat at the same time as I would at school
- I am making sure I have breakfast before I leave for school
Message to Nursery Class.
"Mason C sends lots of love and hugs, he misses you all and his little friends very much."
Thank you for the lovely message Mason.
Hello Parents/Carers and Nursery children
I hope you are all well and having fun at home. What have you all been up to ? Please email any photos, home learning activities and anything else that you would like to share. We can then upload them onto the Class page.
Useful websites for Home Learning
Helicopter Stories - Helicopter Stories is a great way of developing your child's story telling and imagination. Helicopter at Home can be a great opportunity for families to act out stories together.
Phonics - Read Write Inc. We have been starting to learn our Set 1 sounds - m,a,s,d,t. Have a look at the link for more information.
Reading - Free ebooks and other free resources.
Maths - You can enjoy a variety of Maths games with your child.
I look forward to seeing your work.
Dear parents/carers and children
I really hope that you are having fun together at home while the school is closed. Mrs Conlan and I will be talking to you and share any news or interesting events with you here.
WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN UP TO? SEND US AN EMAIL. HERE ARE SOME PHOTOS OF CHIDLREN IN THE NURSERY DOING THINGS AT HOME